With the sudden influx of new characters and multiple staffers assisting with statting, we need to come across with a uniformed display of how your stats should be mailed to the application staff. This How-To will show you the best way to submit this and get approved the fastest.
Before you start
Before you even begin to plot out your character's stats there are some things you should know about the game.
- Scion is a combat oriented game. This means even the most social of characters should have a combat pool of at least 6 points (Dexterity + Brawl, Melee, or Marksmanship) to survive. You were chosen to fight the Titanspawn afterall.
- One trick ponies will not survive. Even a social character should have more than one combination of social usefulness. Do not drop all your eggs into one specific combination you will fail miserably.
- Do not create a TS Character. If this is your intent this is not the game for you. It is alright, and acceptable, to be drop dead gorgeous, but TS Characters will end up dead way to quickly. This is not to say you can't TS, but really…
- If you are not sure, ask! Do not guess or assume. Ask. Staff and players will be more than happy to give you a hand in all stages of creating your character. While NO ONE will stat your character for you, we can advise you on the best bang for your buck.
- Do not app Atlantean. No seriously. Atlanteans are by default the bad guys. The pantheons ganged up on them and destroyed them. You will have a hard time not getting offed. When we are ready to reintegrate Atlanteans, we will let you know
- Look at the FAQ for general questions. We have many related to character application and "Can I do ….?" situations
Now that this is out of the way. Let's get to the meat and bones of the application!
Creating your Sheet!
When creating your sheet keep two things in mind…
- What type of god/goddess is your character going to be when they get to that point.
- What your calling requires statistically.
With these in mind, you can not go wrong.
Formatting & You!
To make this easy everything will be universally formatted. Please try and follow this as much as possible. :)
Template Use the magic of copy paste to make your life easier. Please input your information into this template, then submit it on the MU*. This will make it much easier for us to set up your sheet accurately and quickly.
Inspect your sheet. Make sure you've spent your points the best way that exemplifies your character's calling and your idea of them as a god/goddess. Then send your sheet to staff by using +app <sheet>. Please see the template above. They will get back to you as soon as humanly possible.
All the while, when you've been thinking about all these lovely mechanical details, and combat capabilities, you should be considering just what makes your character who they are - more than just a collection of numbers on a sheet. You'll need to think about what has made you who you are, ICly, as well as what you look like physically - what do others see when they look at you?
You will need to have a background uploaded to the MU - your origin story, if you will - a short summary of your character's life thus far. This backgrounds should reflect the choices you made on your sheet - a Scion with Legend 2 may have had a nice relaxing, normal life before their visitation, but not much in the way of experience as far as being a Scion goes, while a Legend 4 Scion would have quite a few tales of adventure and daring-do. It doesn't need to be more than a few paragraphs - no need to write a novel, however, your background is a tool for Story Tellers - the more detail you include, the more likely we are to include enemies from your past in future stories.
- To get further information about uploading your background, use +help BACKGROUNDS for more information.
- If you have any questions or need help - ask a staff member!
Your description is what people will see when they look at you. It should include your hair color, style, eye color, height, weight… all the normal things you see when you look at some one in the real world. Other things to include would be clothing choices, tattoos, distinguishing marks, or unusual features about yourself. Usually a paragraph is plenty.
- To upload your description - use the command @desc me=<your lovely description>
- To view another person's description, use the command look <person> - you'll get their description.
- If you have any questions, or would like to see a sample description - ask! We're usually quite happy to oblige.
Example Character - Celebi walks through the entire process and such for you!